The Austin Flea Market fire has caused a some people to ask how safe is Lions Field? I believe the Wimberley Lions have been aggressive in fire prevention.
- Fire Extinguishers are required to be displayed by all vendors and physical inspections are regularly performed to be sure they are present and not outdated.
- Hay bales, straw, and loose newspaper are not allowed in booths.
- Wood shaving can not be spread on the ground.
- A/C and heaters are prohibited in the booths.
- Electrical wiring is inspected requiring the vendor to repair bad wiring.
- GFI circuit breakers have been installed to shut off electricity in the event of a short circuit.